Tuesday 8 June 2010

Whoever said you have to conform?

I have forever been grateful to Princess Diana, for the day she decided to break all royal conventions and wear 'that black dress' to a formal event other than a funeral. Why was I grateful? It resulted in the then 'graduate design team' that are now the Elizabeth and David Emanuel being placed firmly on the fashion map.

So, excited was I when I heard about it being sold at no less than £192 000 at auction today. It reminded me of one of my many aspirations -which is to become a royal bride, so I too can wear Elizabeth Emanuel on my wedding day. If this desire becomes a little far fetched in time, I will settle for marrying a civilian, as long as they can provide me with one of her below dresses.

I too, don't feel the desire to conform.

H.

No comments:

Post a Comment