Monday 7 June 2010

Let me introduce myself

No I am not the infamous Gabrielle 'Coco' Chanel. However I only saw it fit that when introducing myself, I talk about my interests and that leads me to talk about my icons, hence Madame Chanel. I am Rebekah Kulidzan and have quite flatteringly been asked to be a part of this delightful blog. 


The photo above, as mentioned before, is of a magnificent woman, who, if I could go back in time; the tardis my choice of travel, I would chose to meet. She is so inspiring and her story is one that will stick with me forever. When reading Edmonde Charles-Roux's Chanel: Her Life, Her World, and the Woman Behind the Legend, my eyes were flooded with tears, heart filled with warmth and compassion and mind completely engrossed in her life that to the day my friends are shot with constant "Did you know?"'s about the remarkable woman behind the remarkable brand, the remarkable [fashion] revolution. Not too long after, I heard about the soon to be released film "Coco avant Chanel", which I'm sure you've all seen, which was based on the book and centred around her life, in fact about it. I reserved my seat straight away and on the 31st July I was sitting there in the audience watching the film. 


It's scary to think this was but a year ago. 


For the past year I have engrossed myself in biographies, Chanel's being the epicentre of my obsession, of people who I find quite marvellous and straight after I finish Dior by Dior, quite soon, I have only a few pages to go, I will be finishing this extra-literary year as I started it, a biography about Coco Chanel: 'By Axel Madsen,  Coco Chanel: A biography.'




I think I should finish by saying, among my obsession and overwhelming love for Chanel, I adore fashion, Vogue's articles are the songs to my life. I adore photography, and appreciate a good camera. I love macaroons, my friend's mum, or rather my adopted; Mumma Ghee's coconut ones. 




Au revoir pour l'instant 


R x

No comments:

Post a Comment