Wednesday 9 June 2010

Glamour Awards '10

While I usually like reading about the 'best and worst' dressed after the 'big award ceremonies' such as the Glamour Awards, I normally find myself disagreeing with their definition of 'good' and 'bad'.


Now, while black on many women is supposed to convey elegance and sophistication, I for one, fail to see this when I glance at either Lily or Pixie's outfits.

Now I'm sure they were trying their best to be different, to stand out, but they must have had a hell of a lot of money to pay the (unamed as I don't want to shame them) website for putting them both on the 'hit' list. Not only did said website claim that Lily's (what can only be described as a 'witches frock') was 'sultry', but christened Pixie, as an 'it girl'.


Forgive me for being out of touch, but since when has an 'it girl' come to an awards ceremony in that?


However.
We did agree on one 'hit'...
Florence Welch's Jasmine Di Milo dress, teamed with pillar box lipstick connotes the 'glamour' that the awards stood for. 

Recount for Cheryl Cole's place as women of the year? 
H.

3 comments:

  1. Little black dress, A very interesting piece modelled by Florence, very detailed,

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so right!
    Black has to be worn correctly to pull off the sophisticated look which Lily and Pixie have unortunatly missed. It is just so unflattering. To contrast this Florance hits the nail on the head and looks amazing (as always).

    amy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not impressed by lily's dress, usually her outfits are far more exciting and it seems a little bit more morticia from the addams family than glamourous!

    But i'm loving florence dress, its simple but still stand out ish with the ruffles!

    ReplyDelete