Friday 21 May 2010

Charitable chic seems to be on my side.



Yes, the first time I ventured into a charity shop I came out with a french connection jacket for £1. Forget vintage shops charging ridiculous amounts (for now they realise how popular they are getting). Forget primark who too think that people will still shop there if they charge the same amount as topshop (we only like you 'cos your cheap you know). Venturing into charity shops is the new way forward. Ok, so some trips haven't always been succesful (sometimes i've spotted primark in them being sold at double the rrp) but if you go at the right time and are prepared to scutter through the waste, you will be suprised with the bargains you leave with. Here are some of the items I have recently purchased in charity shops including a suitcase - the strange looks i got carrying it around were worth it for the price let me tell you!


Black sequin top £5
lace jacket £12
cream cardigan £4
blouse £3.50
suitacase £3
H.

5 comments:

  1. Which charity shop was this ?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gemma McIntyre24 May 2010 at 13:43

    I'm definately going shopping with you!!! you can be my personal shopper :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love charity shops - have found everything from mulberry belts for £25 to lovely vintage clutch bags... and you are right, miles cheaper than vintage shops!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a great place for a bargain - as long as you can get over the 'whiff'of old wardrobes that usually hits you when you walk in the door!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I'm really inspired. Bring on charity shop shopping I say!! I Love the bag you've found, I'll so be looking out for finds like that!

    Amy x

    ReplyDelete