Tuesday 15 June 2010

Oo la la !


I sincerely apologise for my lack of posts. Especially with the fact that I am new to this fabulous blog. However, the reason is about to become abundantly clear through this little snippet.

I have begun to start my final year coursework (I can't believe I'll be done with comprehensive school in a year!) and of course that means a lot of work, especially in my case with my desperate need to have perfection. In my beloved Fashion & Textiles class we have been told to pick from a dozen briefs and personalise it in the best way possible. I decided on the one which gave me the chance to experiment and be inspired with different cultures. Me being me, was drawn to France.


Parisian culture, specifically, drew me to the task. While reading through the brief I thought about an infinite number of films, a few being; Paris When It Sizzles, Funny Face and not an oldie but a goodie, Priceless. Then I began to think about the designers, oh the designers. Chanel, Lanvin, Givenchy, Yves Saint Laurent, Jean-Paul Gaultier, Christian Dior, only to name a few. After this I wanted to answer the ever so important question "What is French culture?". I thought food, the delicacy, the passion, the love put into each mouthful; and how geography distinguishes food and more importantly style. Image and appearance is so important and is respected so highly throughout the country. It exudes so much sophistication, an air of elegance and class. It inspires not only my work, but my everyday life.

I adore France and though, surprisingly it may seem, I have not seen Paris, however, I know I would love to live there. My mind seems to be so focused around the fabulous place, with Sex and the City episodes constantly playing in the background, piles of French Vogue, tutor sessions, 300 macaroons, photo archives and books being delivered everyday ; my room feels like a mini step into the world of the fabulous city.


Stripes, simplicity, style
.

R

No comments:

Post a Comment